Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Message From The Dark Side There Is...

I am not as guiltless and righteous as I may seem most of the time to most people. More than often many have had the notion that just because I rarely seem interested in the issue of coupling means I rarely if ever participate in carnal desires. I had my fair share of empty passions, usually to just temporarily fill a void. But no, this does not happen often, and I can still count such encounters with one hand thankfully. As are all one night stands, the remedial effects usually last as long as the act itself. After which, leaves one feeling more empty than ever and at worst, bring undesired attention later on.

Retribution finally caught up me this morning when I was rudely awoken at 6am by a message alert which all my friends know is a loud Yoda declaring, "Mmmm... a message from the dark side there is...". It couldn't be more appropriate. Turns out the message was from someone I did the dirty with over a year ago as fuck therapy after having my heart broken. Let's call this someone, "Ray". After having slept with Ray twice and toyed with the idea that maybe we could see each a regularly (though knowing for sure that the idea was as stupid as putting a can in the microwave), I cut off contact with him after a brief period of silence led him to not remember who I was on MSN. Talk about major blow to the dignity. So imagine my surprise at the message this morning. Ray wants someone to hug him because he is feeling the blues. This one will go down in my books as the most odd request made the most odd hour. Certainly one does not message a fling from a year ago for hugs after a long period of silence do they? It is almost an invitation for a bitch slap.

However ever the nice person, I just told him to just go to sleep and he will feel better when he wakes up and left it just at that. Bewildered by the strange exchange, I could no longer go back to sleep. It's one of those days when I wish my life was a lot more simpler, where I live in Tuscany with dogs and an olive orchard and my neighbours are weird Italians who are forever jolly and eccentric.

2 comments:

Magus Young said...

Dunt mind me saying, but this fuck buddy of a year ago ..really minta kena diao one....

Elliot T. McBeal said...

Magus: He's no fuck buddy, he's just fuck therapy :P