Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I opened my eyes and I was before Him - the Supreme Being, the One who was said to have one voice but many faces. The All Creator for whom millions have lived and died for out of sheer faith alone. I was finally before Him. The light emanating from Him was blinding but yet it did not hurt, while a host of heavenly beings suspended around Him, all seeming as if they were an extension of his being. It was like as if all the warmth of the world had become tangible and you know you will never want to be away from this ever again.

I was not the only mortal before Him. Standing in a line to my left were four others, a leader of men, a woman who had dedicated her virginity and life to religion, a pauper whose life had known all the sufferings of the world and a child, with innocence unblemished.

The Great being spoke, or seemingly spoke for his mouth did no move, "You are gathered before me for the day of judgment has come. You are chosen among humanity to judge your peers. The fate of all humanity now rests in your answers to my question. Bear in mind that your verdict must be unanimous. Should one of you oppose, then I shall deem all humanity flawed and unworthy of existence. Thus, here is my question: Does humankind deserve salvation?"

The great leader of men spoke first for it came natural to him to take charge, his answer delivered with such eloquence which made you believe that he was born to present these words, "My Lord, my answer is yes. For all the failures and wars that humanity has waged over the years, I have seen men capable of great deeds worthy of great promise."

The devoted woman spoke next, her voice trembling from the devotion and worship to the one thing that was the sole purpose of her life, "Oh Great Holy Father, my answer is yes - for I refuse to believe that we, your children are flawed when it is you who created us and gave us life."

The pauper, the one who knew nothing but hardship all his existence spoke at his turn, "I have known nothing but the ills and pain of life, but yet I have seen also seen the kindness of some people move mountains. I mean... surely that means something? My answer is yes... definitely yes..."

Then came the child's turn to speak, her voice timid before the vision in front of her, "Yes... I think I would like a chance to grow up, to live my dreams and have my own children some day so I could teach them all the things I have learned..."

And finally it was my turn - the commoner who probably represented every faceless men and women who had ever existed or yet to come. All faces turn to look at me. My peers all smiled with expectant looks on their faces. I couldn't help but smiled back. Then I turned to the Being whom I had half-believed throughout my entire life and I smiled at Him.

"No."

1 comment:

Alex said...

OMZ... dramanya.... LOL